Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wicked Wednesday

Why, you may ask, would I want to start my new eating and exercise habits in the middle of the week - Wicked Wednesday - to be more exact? Because I have got to get a grip on my weight (and ultimately my life) immediately. Every night I promise that tomorrow I will start again. June 1 was going to be the first day of the rest of my life. I think I ended up skipping the gym and probably swinging past Dairy Queen.

So, today is the day. So far, I have done relatively well. Protein shake for breakfast, yogurt for a snack, and a healthy chicken salad for lunch. A co-worker brought in chips and salsa this afternoon. I took a little bit as well as a few M&M's but really limited myself. I don't feel bad about it because I would usually consume so much more. It can count as an afternoon snack as long as it isn't a large quantity. I am doing well drinking my water as well (60 fl. oz. already done). I didn't make it to the gym this morning so I am going to do one of The Firm workouts tonight (I have put my plan to exercise in writing so now I HAVE to do it!).

But, the best thing about today is that it doesn't seem very wicked. I am focusing again on losing weight. And because of that, it feels like life is good and I have so many doors that will be opened. I don't know, it sounds kind of crazy, but I think I am on a "diet high." Hmmm, never heard of that before, but I will take it! :)

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Those little "bits" are what helped me get through the first few months of my plan. I had to be really honest with myself as to what constituted "a bit", but it seemed to work. I hope it works as well for you!

Chubby Chick said...

Just take it one day at a time and do the best that you can each day. Make small improvements on a daily basis... and all those healthy changes WILL add up to weight loss! :)

Heather said...

just take it a day at at time like everyone else is saying. some days you will succeed and others will be tougher, but just wake up the next day and start fresh. dont look back and feel guilt over anything you shouldnt have done. just look forward and make the best choices each day that you can. some days the dairy queen will win out over the gym, but as long as most other days the gym wins, you will be fine.