Thursday, March 12, 2009

Food Journal - March 11, 2009

I think blogging every day about my food choices is going to be very helpful. It makes me so accountable. I have decided to post my food journal the next day so I won't cheat and eat something after I post. So here it goes:

6:45 a.m. - Protein shake with flax seed oil
12:00 p.m.- Chicken, rice and stuffing casserole
3:00 p.m. - Handful of almonds
5:15 p.m. - Two chocolate mints
7:00 p.m. - Chicken, rice and stuffing casserole
7:00 p.m. - Green beans

So that was my day. The casserole isn't great for me. I ate it with white rice and it has cream of chicken soup in it. I am going to make it again and use brown rice and the 94% cream of chicken soup. I love it so I am just going to try to make it healthier. Also, I ate the two mints without consciously thinking about it - I didn't really want them. After eating them, I realized I did it to procrastinate a project that I was not looking forward to doing. It is a habit that I have that I really need to break. If I don't want to do something, I almost always decide to eat in order to postpone it. The payoff is not worth it!

I did add green beans to my dinner because I realized how unbalanced my food was yesterday (Okay, honestly, I knew someone would mention that I didn't have any fruits or vegetables.) And although it is the only vegetable I had yesterday, it was something. Plus, I ate less casserole which means less calories and enough to eat it for lunch tomorrow. I need to go grocery shopping and pick up some produce.

I also drank 96 oz. of water and exercised yesterday. I walked 4.5 miles on a treadmill in 76 minutes.

4 comments:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Thanks for posting your food diary. I find it so interesting to see what people choose to eat. Way to go with the exercise.

Heather said...

I think you did great, although I have to say as an avid fruit eater, I dont see many fruits in there! I know I enjoy a banana in the morning or before a workout because it really helps you feel full and energetic but also is low on the glycemic index. I also eat an apple a day, just like the old saying goes. of course thats just me - do whats right for you, but I have found fruits an very important part of my weight loss, and eat at least 3 different fruits a day so you may want to give it a try. I do the same with my veggies and aim to get 3 servs in a as well.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

No fair! I was all prepared to ask where the fruit was, but you already figured that one out!
Plus, the cream. What the heck is left for me to pick on? Nothing! That's what! :)

Seriously, it looks like a pretty good day. Don't worry about the mints; those things happen and it was only two. (much better than...say, eight! *g*) You're aware now and can be on the lookout in the future. Which is not to say you won't *choose* to have a couple now and then, but you'll consciously decide if you want to splurge.

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

How are you? It's been awhile! Check out my blog, I have something for you over there. Have a great day!