Friday, February 20, 2009

TGIF!!!

This week has been so stressful at work! I am so glad the week is done and hopefully I can catch up this weekend on all the piles of paperwork on my desk. I wasn't prepared to have such a crazy week and because of that I feel like I was in a continual downward spiral.

Every day this week, I got up and exercised super early in the morning (4 a.m. to be exact). I would come back from the gym motivated to eat healthy and stay on track. However, mid-morning I would eat something STUPID and it was completely stress- related. In fact, one morning I came back to my desk from meeting with my boss and immediately reached for a chocolate truffle. I wasn't hungry when I went into the meeting and I wasn't hungry when I got out of the meeting. But I had an impossible list of things to do and so I ate. I am starting to realize when I have a time crunch in front of me, I check out for a minute and eat something (like that is really going to help the situation!). It is frustrating because I recognize what I am doing; I just don't care at that particular moment to control it.

I tell myself everyday, "What is the point of sacrificing sleep to exercise if you are just going to eat crappy food?" And this works . . .right up to the next stressful situation that I need to eat my way through. Any suggestions or tips on what I can do? I am sabotaging myself (which gets me so mad!) and I am not sure how to fix it. All I know is that I am really worried what the scale is going to tell me on Monday.

On the bright side, this work week is over. I will get up tomorrow and workout again. I am rededicating myself to eating healthy regardless of stressful situations. Stress is part of life and I need to deal with it straight on. However, I will do my homework (i.e. come into work this weekend to catch up) and at least not invite stress into my life by not having everything on my desk done before the start of next week. Here's to better eating!

1 comment:

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Oh my gosh, this so happens to me too! Although, it's not always during stress. Yesterday I was doing so well, and my coworker brought in some cupcakes. I resisted until another coworker that is also dieting came over and grabbed a cupcake. So, then I felt like I could too. I didn't finish it though...But what a waste. This has happened almost every day this week. Why can't my coworkers bring in fruit or vegetables?!