Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ever since I can remember, I am either dieting, planning the next great diet, or falling off the diet wagon. Flashbacks of my life are always tied to my weight and the particular diet I was on at that time. Thus, my life can be explained in three words . . . The Diet Dance. I gain, I lose, and than I gain more than I originally lost. It is a vicious cycle that leaves me "dancing backwards." I want to stop the dancing, the fluctuating weights, and the closets (yes, plural) full of clothes that range in sizes from 10 to 24.


You see, I don't think I am the "real" me because I am hiding behind layers and layers of fat. I want to change, I want to find my true self. And the first step (I think there will be several steps in the process) is to lose weight. So although I hope this blog evolves into some great epiphanies and major life changes, right now I am focusing the majority of my present time on weight loss.


So, I am starting "the dance" again, hopefully for the last time. I don't think I am naive. I know that maintaining a healthy weight will be a lifelong challenge. But I hope to never have to stare an excess 100 pounds in the face ever again. I know I can do it, people do it all the time. How do I know? Because I scour the internet searching for weight loss success stories. I especially love blogs that tell the day to day story of the weight loss journey. These blogs motivate me and I am hoping that recording my own experience will help me stop "dancing" once and for all.

1 comment:

MB said...

I've been doing the same dance. We know what we have to do if we want to lose weight ... let's do it!